Saturday, November 26, 2011

What are we doing to our kids?

I'm an eff up, from the word go.  I'll admit it.  But there is something happening in our schools that is downright evil.  It's systemic.  Luckily for our children, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. 

"Learning Disabled".  Okay...we got lots of labels.  Do I really have to go there?

ADHD, Aspergers, Autism, LD, Dyslexia,...Those are the biggies.  Then there are the shades of grey:  dyscalculia, dysgraphia, Sensory Integrative Disfunction, Apraxia, PDD-nos, Bipolar, Tourettes...I don't know, my mind is going blank.  I'm not even including Intellectual Disabilities.  I'm sure they have their own spectrum. 

All these labels to place on little teeny, tiny kids who are scared and feel inadequate to begin with.  It is no wonder that they,  along with gay kids, make up the majority of teen suicides.

Children, forgive us.  We know not what we do.

1 comment:

usethebrainsgodgiveyou said...

http://lynnesoraya.visibli.com/share/To4v62