Friday, December 23, 2011

I have a Christmas Message for you...




See these two people above?  These are my two favorite people in the whole world. My Mama, doing her best Nancy Reagan imitaion, only for real...she's looking up adoringly into my son's eyes.  He is smiling at having his picture taken for once because he wants to always remember the sweetest person in the world.

She never used to remember going to Tuscon with Dad to pick up us and Ben and spend a week with us at Ben's birth.  Do you know what she said to him this last time we went home?

"I loved you from the moment I first saw you!" 

Mom has Alzheimers or the remains of a stroke or something that is taking away her thoughts/memories and ability to care for herself.  But she's still Mom, ya know?  If anything, she's become more kind, more loving than she used to be.  I would think that impossible.  Maybe it's because Alzheimers can't destroy her heart, her soul. She will always be Mom.  No disease will capture her soul.

See my son?  According to science, he lacks the skills that make us human.  You can see that, can't you?  An empty package.  Frankly, it appears to be an insane conclusion.

I hate science.  In it's desire to codify and delegate, it gives rise to fools who run circles in their own minds while never leaving a drop of sense behind.  Feverish little men and women who spin in only their own webs, setting themselves up as the new priests who never lift a finger to help those under their care. 

When I was young, I wanted to be intelligent.  I wanted to know all the answers.  Now that I am older, I crave wisdom.

It was a wise and kind Creator who allowed me to be enriched by that which the highly intelligent dismiss.

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, 'thank you,' that would suffice."
 

7 comments:

Happy Elf Mom said...

Empty package?? Nope. Your mom and son have something very sweet, just that love and acceptance between them. Other people are the ones with the issues. :)

TherExtras said...

Touching and beautiful.

Barbara

usethebrainsgodgiveyou said...

It means a lot to me, that each of you have left a comment. Merry Christmas, and God bless you both even more in the New Year!

ben said...

oy kevetch! momma, i love you. but sometimes you make me wanna slap you around! oh, and "merry christmas". XD

usethebrainsgodgiveyou said...

I ain't shitting ya Ben. Dr. Simon Baron Cohen, a "world autism expert" feels autistics are less than human. With experts like that, who needs enemies...

Y'all are talking all tough like...people gonna get the wrong idea. Allow me to knock you up the side of the head once or twice.

Better?

ben said...

it's not the post itself that ticks me off. it's the fact that you posted the picture. it'a not a good one of me. also, "merry christmas" XD

usethebrainsgodgiveyou said...

You...are...so...beautiful...., to...me...

You...are...so...beautiful...., to...me...
Your're everything I've hoped for....

You're ...everything...I need...

You...are...so...beautiful....,

To.......me.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!