Thursday, December 1, 2011

songs for a blue day for Mom and Ben








Some voices are just perfect for some songs...Rufus Wainwright has a gorgeous voice.










Heaven to me would be this man singing...











Benny asked me to add this one. Funny how music heals us both. Listening to music takes me to a place where the slipstream to love is found. These songs give me shivers and remind me that we are all human and easily broken. It's why I married a music man.  It is a language in and of itself. 


As the great poet (Robert Frost) says:

And God has taken a flower of gold
  And broken it, and used therefrom
The mystic link to bind and hold
  Spirit to matter till death come.

Sorry, guess I'm kind of a mental case, but I wouldn't trade the awareness of the beauty of brokenness for all of the money, fame, and intelligence in the world.

Proverbs 4:6-7
Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this site – it's a great blog – may i suggest you get an rss feed.