Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Elephant in the Playroom.. Impacting the Bottom Line by RW.

I'm taking a chance here, I won't be sued. If they are that evil, @#$% it, have at me. They won't get much. I am the author of the article.  I signed something, but I don't remember what it said.  I believe in God, I believe in serendipity, and right after I had success with this "behavior therapy" (AKA, "parenting")for my son , I wrote up the article, and it was accepted for publication.  Maybe I helped one other person through it. I don't want to know...it's not my intention to brag or put any jewel in my crown.


I just want to let you know what worked for me.  Since I implemented the plan, I have never gone back.  I have never gotten really upset at my son like I used to every day, except for the time he goofed around and nearly flunked out a semester at a tech college he attends.  That time, I nailed his hide to the wall and made him complete a month of work in a few days, and charged him $100 for being his secretary.  He passed, AND did well enough to keep his scholarship and a 3.0 grade average.  I'm not kidding.  I figured it was time to let the old anger rise up.  And that's what it was, old anger, although I felt it was righteous.  We can't stay angry at our kids for little crap and raise them.  ABA seems like it's always getting mad at little crap.  Like...if you let 'em get by with an inch, they'll take a mile.  I feel like if you give them a mile, they won't want to give up an inch.  But then again, I'm nuts. On the other hand, it WORKED! I think most parents learn this in time.  I remember Dad saying, "There's no need to punish you.  You're punishing yourself enough already."  He was a bartender.  Wouldn't think he'd be that wise...



Who, when their child asks for a fish, would give them a stone? Give your children everything you can, but let them know it is earned.  Life kind of works that way.  You are paid for what you do, not just for existing.  Sometimes the pay is money, sometimes the reward is far more spiritual.  I'm one of those goofy, Dore parents...I take this more seriously than my own life.  That's why I have so much fun.






It takes a long time to load but it was scanned and would turn out real fuzzy otherwise. You can click on the pages to enlarge them.




























No comments: