Saturday, May 17, 2014

Imagine You Are Loved...

"At the innermost core of all loneliness is a deep and powerful yearning for union with one's lost self." Brendan Frances.  Intro to a story by Kare Eide, Normal is Nice


This post is in honor of Kare Eide, who passed away just days ago. She is the teenage daughter of Brock and  Fernette  Eide, whose faith in others had led to the creation of DyslexicAdvantage.  It is a way of thinking as well as a website for parents of kids who think outside the lines, as well as dyslexic people who can help ease the bumps, and who just want to talk.  I have found the most sincere help here of anywhere for my own son.  No games, no "look how smart we are" although one is a pediatrician, the other a psychologist...none. I have a mean mouth, and I can't stand it when others try to take advantage of underdog, but there is none of that here.  Beautiful people. I could learn so much from their example of encouragement. They are christians...and not ashamed of it.  I have always been a little ashamed of my faith because it is often equated with ignorance, guile, shame, racism, stupidity, and...ignorance, especially in the scientific community. 

I wasn't drawn to their brains...I was drawn to their hearts."It's only with the heart, that one sees rightly..What is essential is invisible to the eye." is from The Little Prince, and my favorite expression.  The bible refers to the opening of the "eyes of our heart" in Ephesians 1:18.

 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling,

I must tell you, when you see a child with your heart...every stinking lie you've been told about them falls away. ("He'll never have friends--he doesn't get social cues--90 % chance he'll never hold a job or be independent--it caused by the mother's frigidity--he has no empathy--he's like a changeling."..I could puke now, must I go on?) I have fallen for it in the past, and nearly dipped my toe in those waters again, just recently.

My chance to be a mother naturally was nearly taken away by infertility, but God spoke softly to the heart of a young woman to bear her child, and she listened.  One million parents longed for a child that year, only 1 in 25 of them were so lucky, 960,000 were not, and I and my husband were among the lucky. I will not let the beauty of motherhood be taken away this time by ignorance disguised as knowledge..

No one knows what God has in store for those who are faithful..for all things work to the good for those who love Him, and are called by Him. Thank you, Kare, I guess it's true...a little child shall lead them.

2 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

People can be so insensitive! That is why God chose you to mother this little guy. Only imagine if the wrong person adopted him. :/

usethebrains godgiveyou said...

Ya know, that's why I love you, Happy...you make me feel good about my nutty old self.