Friday, May 20, 2011

the Golden Rule

I've got to clean up my act.  I am much nastier on the blog than I would be in real life.  It's hardly conducive to progress to belittle anyone.  We all do the best we can. 


Believe it or not, there is a whole world out there who have never considered whether or not the "a" word applies to them or their children.  Yet, I would need my fingers and toes, eyeballs and orifices  to count just a few of the people I've known who would fall under the great shadow of the umbrella.  Those outside the umbrella have their own problems.  We are all crazy...psychiatrist are more apt to commit suicide than anyone of the medical profession, who are twice as likely as the common man. Truly, truly I say unto you that we all have a label.  Most of us would rather go to the bar than a psychiatrist or priest, if given the choice.  More common sense doled out, and you don't have to believe anything!




It even has a name...self-medicating.  (Tom Cruise has a label:  LD.  I don't see anything wrong with his mind, however.  Looks well housed to me!)


There is among the left brainers, the scientists, a deep need to codify, to label everything.  To put a person down to a minute box where one can understand and observe.  People resent it, if they are of free will. Putting people in boxes removes their individuality, their heart.  People in boxes are real easy  to dismiss.

4 comments:

Nev said...

As you say, "it's hardly conducive to progress to belittle anyone." So thanks for taking the trouble to visit my blog and call me a shit.

Usethebrains Godgiveyou said...

Sorry dear,excuse the french, I meant it as a compliment. That was an extemely funny post.

We always got called "little shits" when we were kids. It was a term of endearment.

Nev said...

Aha. Guess I had must have my Transatlantic Irony translator switched off...!

Usethebrains Godgiveyou said...

I promise never to call you any name I have used with one of my brothers or sisters again. Be relieved, because their favorite name for me was "Butt-face".

Why, yes, I was raised by wolves!